The Damariscotta Pumpkinfest & Regatta invites Maine artists to submit a design for this year’s official festival t-shirt.
The deadline to submit an application is Thursday, May 19. A decision on the winning design will be made shortly thereafter. A $500 prize will be awarded to the artist whose design is selected, according to a press release from the organization.
The selected design will be featured on the T-shirt celebrating the 16th annual event, scheduled for October 6-10. Every year, Pumpkinfest attracts thousands of visitors and nearly 1,000 t-shirts and hoodies are sold. To be eligible, the artist must be a resident of Maine (year-round or summer), including students attending Maine universities and colleges.
The winning design will become the property of Damariscotta Pumpkinfest & Regatta, and all rights of use must be assigned to that organization.
The selected T-shirt design and artist biography will be published on damariscottapumpkinfest.com, facebook.com/damariscottapumpkinfest and instagram.com/damariscottapumpkinfest. It will officially air in Maine and regional media.
To be considered, the work must respect the following elements:
• Be an original, professional-quality work of art (no photographs);
• Include the words “2022 Damariscotta Pumpkinfest & RegattaTM”;
• Represent the family and festive character of the Damariscotta Pumpkinfest & Regatta;
• The finished drawing must measure 12 inches by 13 inches;
• Although color is encouraged, the design should avoid elements that do not reproduce clearly, such as watercolor or shading;
• Halloween is not the nature and spirit of the Pumpkinfest fall festival; designs must not depict jack-o’-lanterns or other Halloween images;
• No political submissions.
To see previous winning designs in a Facebook album, visit facebook.com/damariscottapumpkinfest/.
Designs should be submitted as:
1. Hard copy, mailed to: Damariscotta Pumpkinfest & Regatta, PO Box 1101, Damariscotta, ME 04543-1101, and/or;
2. Electronically in JPG format, sent by email as an attachment to: [email protected] or saved on a USB key and sent by post.
The creator of the winning design will be contacted by a Damariscotta Pumpkinfest & Regatta representative.